XI. JESUS PRAISES HER AFTER THE SEASON OF TESTING (SONG 6:4-10)
He knows her perfectly and he desires all that she is!
- On the day of the Lord the earth will see the bride - the angels will see the bride - all creation will see her
- Now she shines with HIS glory that is upon her! Victorious and holy!
XII. THE VINDICATION OF THE PERSECUTED BRIDE (SONG 6:11-7:9A)
- She has taken on his desire to see His people grow and become mature
- Maturity is marked by a desire to see other’s mature - a taking on of HIS passions
- Ministry that comes by a connection to His passion NOT as a desire for recognition or fulfillment or purpose
- Out of nowhere she is sucked into taking care of them
- Her love for them puts her in a place or ministry toward them
- The two responses to her ministry
- one group understands that she is the beloved of the King and they see in her what HE sees in her
- the other group hates her - they make fun of her - why would you gaze at her?
- being resisted is a part of the divine pattern of growing in love for Him
- The king comes and reminder her that her ONE PASSION should be for HIM!
- Her identity and her worth comes from her relationship with Him and His desire for her.
- He is moved by her choices, her thought life, her passion and sensitivity to him etc.
XIII. THE BRIDE’S MATURE PARTNERSHIP WITH JESUS (SONG 7:9B-8:4)
- This is where she lives
- this is where she finds herself
- ministry is about him and for him
- all of her life is about this - she belongs to Him and He desires her
- Her life vision has come true - she travels with Him - she is doing what HE is doing
- She is coming into maturity and she is being used to bring others to maturity
1"Oh that you were like a brother to me Who nursed at my mother's breasts. [If] I found you outdoors, I would kiss you; No one would despise me, either.2"I would lead you [and] bring you Into the house of my mother, who used to instruct me; I would give you spiced wine to drink from the juice of my pomegranates.3"Let his left hand be under my head And his right hand embrace me.” 4"I want you to swear, O daughters of Jerusalem, Do not arouse or awaken [my] love Until she pleases."
- Her passion for him is not dimmed it has GROWN
- that you were like a brother to me - she wishes she could express passion for him in the open without stirring the abuse of the bride.
- Even though she has gone a long way - suffered many times - she only loves him more
- The house of my mother - the honeymoon - She longs to stay connected to her first love in the midst of her maturity
XIV. THE BRIDAL SEAL OF MATURE LOVE (SONG 8:5-7)
- She has learned to lean on his strength in the midst of her difficult times
- “I awakened you” - the desire she learned in the secret place awakens her to seek Him BEFORE he turns away
- She has come a long way since she was first born to him
- He says - yes things have changed but it is not enough
- He says ask me for the seal of divine love - that she would love him with divine Holy Spirit enablement
- a jealousy that is as demanding as the grave - nothing escapes it!
- much MORE love than she has known
- a love that cannot be diminished or destroyed
- a love that continues to grow and burn deeper and further
- The first commandment first place!!!
- The seal on her heart - her passion, her emotions, her inner life
- The seal on her arm - her outer life, all she does, all she accomplishes
- touched by and marked by her love for him - it all smells like her love for Him
- flows from her love for Him - her love for him is WHY she does what she does
- is empowered by her love for Him
- This love cannot be quenched by any means
- This love is worth more than anything else
- the greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
XV. THE BRIDE’S FINAL INTERCESSION AND VIEW OF HERSELF (SONG 8:8-14)
8"We have a little sister, And she has no breasts; What shall we do for our sister On the day when she is spoken for? 9"If she is a wall, We will build on her a battlement of silver; But if she is a door, We will barricade her with planks of cedar."
- Now she turns to her sister - one who is about to undergo the journey that she has gone through and she pledges to help her
- If she is a wall we will build her a battlement of silver - we will prepare her for battle
- if she is a door we will barricade her - we will keep her safe
- it is a promise to the daughters of jerusalem that she will do better than the watchmen who beat her.
- She says “that was me” and now I am safe because of His love
11"Solomon had a vineyard at Baal-hamon; He entrusted the vineyard to caretakers. Each one was to bringa thousand [shekels] of silver for its fruit. 12"My very own vineyard is at my disposal; The thousand [shekels] are for you, Solomon, And two hundredare for those who take care of its fruit."
- Solomon’s vineyard is used as an example
- She says - my life and all I am is for YOU Jesus with honor for those who helped me find you
- she shows honor even to those who beat her - I love this
- The King now says - let me hear you calling for me again!
- He sets her as an example to those who would learn to love him
- She calls to him once again.