Key Question - in light of all this - WHO AM I?
Key Idea - “I believe I am significant because of my position as a child of God.”
Romans 8:28 - 39
28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to [His] purpose. 29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined [to become] conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and thesewhom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
- A people of the good news - NOTHING that happens to us can steal from us forever
- Called according to His Purpose
- Predestined to be conformed into the Image of Jesus
31What then shall we say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [is] against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; 34who is the one who condemns? ChristJesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, ornakedness, or peril, or sword?
- God is FOR US - ON OUR SIDE - FIGHTING FOR US! NOT AGAINST US
- FREELY giving us ALL things
- IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to accuse you! - you are innocent FOREVER
- YOU ARE NO LONGER DEFINED BY YOUR STUGGLE - NO LONGER a sinner - a Child of God
- You are on Jesus prayer list
37But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- MORE THAN CONQUERORS - we win we win we win we win!!!!
- Inseparable from Christ love - THE BELOVED of GOD
Communion - a celebration and an activation