How do I deal with the hardships and struggles of life?
I can cope with the hardships of life because of the hope I have in Jesus Christ.
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf.
Hebrews 6:19 – 20”
Hope is an absolute need of the human soul.
We are a people of Hope - a People of the GOOD NEWS
WE HAVE HOPE
Because we know who our God is. We know His heart. Because of What He has done!
- Romans 5:1-6 God has already acted to give us assurance of His heart toward us AND what has already been accomplished FOR US.
- 1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
- 1 Peter 1:8 He has set a destiny before us - the salvation of our Souls
- 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,
- Romans 8:22-26 Not only that but Even MORE the salvation of all creation
- 22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
WE ARE HOPE
- In a world where hope is all to rare we are a gift of hope to the earth.
- Hope for people who are broken - they can be healed
- Hope for people who are lost - they can be found
- Hope for people who are confused - there is an answer
- Hope for people who have no purpose - there is a reason a “why” behind all of this
- Hope for those who have no destiny - God has amazing plans for your life!!!
- Hope for those who are bound - there is FREEEDOM!
- Hope for those who have made mistakes - there is forgiveness and restoration
Romans 15:13 - Benediction
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.